I can hardly believe we are in the 11th week of Push ups to Pin ups! When I first started I thought 12 weeks was such a long time but when you think about it, it’s not even one full term at university, I spent more time waiting for the third Hunger Games movie to come out than I did doing 100’s of squats at the gym (ps. the Hunger Games is great! I still think Peeta should have been cast differently but what can you do!).
As we reach the photo shoot day a lot of things in the past 3 weeks have derailed me from reaching my goal of losing 22 pounds:
1. My husband moving to Toronto, that was a big one. It has been incredibly stressful and while I have been trying to keep it together, the truth is I have been struggling. However, I am starting to feel a lot better about everything and feeling hopeful. And for the record, I am incredibly proud of DT. We all have dreams in our lives and only a very select few ever actually get to live them and he absolutely is — hard work, determination, talent, and a great attitude all lead him to reach his ultimate goal. I could learn a thing or two from him!
And 2. I got crazy sick. Even though I got the flu shot this year I did manage to get sick. I think because I got so stressed out (see point #1 as the reason) my immune system just gave up. So, while I have been getting in my weekly work-outs there have been no extras but I have been eating so clean it is ridiculous! I am going to get some drugs from the doc this week to clear up my lungs and then I will be back to full strength!
Here is what I know about the last 11 weeks – I have seriously kicked ass, made changes in my physique, my mind and my diet. I would be lying if I didn’t worry that once the photo shoot is over that all my hard work will go to hell but I am focused on getting stronger — I see you chin up bar, I want to meet you!
Here are some good things from the past 10 days:
1. A butt tonne of people came out to say “til the next time” to my DT which meant the world to me.
2. I slipped into 2 pairs of pants I haven’t worn in years! Oh black velvet pants I bought in New York, I love you again!
3. My house has never been cleaner! Moving and purging is liberating!
4. My amazing niece emailed me to asked me to go see S Club7 with her in England – you should know, my niece and nephew are my kryptonite and I will do anything including going to see S Club7. See you in England, May 15th, 2015!
and 5. All my photo shoot clothes have arrived (online shopping rules) and they all fit! KABOOM!
The next week should prove to be hellish as it is the final push to lose major lbs but I will have Winnipeg Blue Bomber God, Milt Stegall’s voice in my head all week. I had the opportunity to have a 1 on 1 interview with the football legend last week and when I asked him if he was still hitting the gym hard he replied “Beastmode is my warm up”! For the next 9 days beastmode will be my warm up, beastmode XXL for the rest! Watch out, here I come!
Thank you so much for all your kind words and support through this journey – I love ya!
Be good my friends!